Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 5 - 1st August 2009

The pass 3-4 days, we had to wake up very early just to be at the designated meeting point on time and not to miss the pickup time scheduled by our tour agency but today is totally different. We sat in our room for hours watching TV and delayed telecast of football matches, we really spend time leisurely as there's no guided tour anymore for the rest of our stay in London. Only at around 10 A.M did we go to have breakfast at the hotel cafe. Sigh! Another round of toast with butter and cereals, by this time my stomach is already yearning for Malaysian food! I need Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik not cereals with orange juice...I could see in the horizon that a comprehensive session of gluttony with Nasi Lemak and Teh Tarik is in order when I'm back in Malaysia.

Our first stop for today was Baker Street. Beneath Baker Street was the first underground train station to be built and somewhere nearby this station is the popular wax museum - Madam Tussaud Wax Museum. We reached the wax museum around 11 A.M, up from a distance we could see a very long queue is forming up to get into the museum entrance. It will take more than 2 hours for us to get into the museum if we decided to line up as well based on various signages put up by museum staff. I'm not a huge fan of standing up for 2 hours idling and doing nothing so we decided not to queue up with the rest of the crowd much to the disappointment of my wife. It's not exactly cheap to get inside either, it will cost you 25 freaking pound for one person to get in.

We left Baker Street for Oxford Street so my wife can do some shopping but mostly window shopping. We walked around for hours from Oxford Street to Bond Street to Holborn and back to China Town. She ended up buying perfumes and that's about it, imagine walking around for 3 hours to buy only a couple bottles of perfumes. We stop for a while at China Town to get some rest and to surf the internet as my Blackberry could suddenly pick up a wireless signal. When I said suddenly I meant after hours of wardriving effort and when I said wireless signal I meant *free* wireless. My batt is running low by then so I could only check a couple of email from work and the batt went dead when I was about to reply one email to my boss. We had lunch at Subway and ordered sandwiches, this Subway outlet is one of the outlets that are certified to be Halal.

After my wife has finally got tired of all the walking we hop on the tube to get across to Holborn station where we went to British Museum. There was a lot of items being displayed here ranging from British historical piece to North American civilization artifacts and even scriptures belonging to Asian tribes and civilizations. We could not roam every possible hall and exhibition inside the British Museum as my legs are starting to feel sore from all the walking that we did. We left Holborn station for our last destination for today on southern part of London.


Our last station for today was Fulham station, about 5 minutes walk from here is the home to one of the richest and most successful club in European football - Stamford Bridge. Stamford Bridge is the home ground for Chelsea football club just in case you're not fans of English Premier League like I am. We had coffee break at Starbucks as it was raining before taking picture at the vicinity of the stadium. Initially thought of buying a few Chelsea merchandise but it will be a waste to non-Chelsea supporter such am I. We head back to our hotel shortly afterwards to have dinner and rest.

Until then,

Regards,
MARK

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great journey la bro

Post a Comment