Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 7 - 3rd August 2009

Our long and seemingly never ending holiday like all good things finally came to an end. We checked out of our hotel around 10 A.M well before the mandatory check out time but our flight is scheduled to depart at 10.30 P.M, we had to spend almost 12 hours lingering around at Heathrow. We spent the bulk of our time at Costa, enjoying sandwiches and coffees slowly to kill of some time. After somewhat more than 2 hours at Costa, we sat around Terminal 3 waiting area and read books that we brought along with us. It seems like that we had to wait for an eternity before being allowed to check in our luggage.

My wife spent the last 2 hours of our vacation on a shopping spree at the duty free area and considerable damage was done to my increasingly shrinking bank balance. We arrived home approximately around 4 P.M after 12 hours flight. What I can say is, the money that we spent for this trip was well worth it but if you ask me whether I want to go again to London, I would say not in 5 years time at least.

We're planning to go to Australia this coming January provided that our doctor give the go ahead for my wife to be on a 7 hours flight to Australia and it will be definitely depends on my budget as always. The cost to fully furnish our home is mind blowing... and we're still without any living room set and bed room set yet...come January if I don’t have the dough to make it to Australia, I guess domestic vacation is in order and it will do for now.

Until then,

Regards,

MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment