Saturday, October 17, 2009

Houz Depot

On 12th September I bought a kitchen hood, kitchen hob and a multipurpose oven from Houz Depot. After being contented with the explanation of the sales assistant that the product will be delivered to my home by 2 weeks the latest or within 3 days the earliest I proceeded to make full payment. The agreed date of delivery was 1 month after purchase so ample time was given to Houz Depot to make good on its promises and it is stated clearly in the sales order about the delivery date. Upon realizing that the delivery date is reaching, I decided to give a call to Houz Depot on 10th October to serve as a reminder and to inform that I will be at my home to receive the goods and please be aware of the fact that I am utilizing my annual leave in order to do that. Houz Depot responded to my call by saying that someone will call me on Wednesday 13th October if the goods will be delivered on 13th Oct. Unsatisfied with that answer I went to Houz Depot personally to acquire more detail about the delivery, I was then assured by the sales assistant that the stock is available for delivery when asked to double check and delivery will proceed on 13th Oct as agreed.

On 13th Oct 11.00 A.M, Houz Depot called and informs me that stock is not available for delivery as the existing stock was damaged. Why on the first place did Houz Depot did not perform a thorough check on the condition of the goods before committing on delivery date? As new stock will only be arriving in 9-11 days and it is not acceptable to me, I went to Houz Depot to change to another model whichever that is available. After going through the models with the sales assistant, I decided to change to another model which by the way is approximately 500 cheaper that the original model. Even before confirming the model I repeatedly asked whether this particular model is readily available to be delivered within 3 days, Houz Depot sales assistant confirmed it is available and will be delivered to me on 16th October. At about 11.00 A.M on 16th Oct Houz Depot called and informed me yet again that the stock is not available to be delivered. Frustrated and disappointed with the lack of professionalism and the level of competency of Houz Depot staff, I simply could not be bothered to argue anymore and plainly agree to the proposed delivery date which is 11 days from 16th October.

Please ensure that your esteemed organization will do the following

a) Please make certain that the next delivery will be on time without any postponement so your organization can redeem its good standing with me or what’s left of it.

b) Please expedite the process of refunding the difference of 500 ringgit caused by model changes.

c) Please keep in mind that I’d to take 2 days out of my annual leave to receive the goods and it is now wasted.

*I'd sent the above complaint to Houz Depot today through their web based feedback page, let's see how they will respond to this or if they even respond at all*

Regards,

MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment