Friday, August 14, 2009

My Final Day in SIngapore

I'll be departing to KL tonight and will be arriving slightly before midnight. My stay in Singapore has been fruitful in terms of knowledge gained by attending the SAN Management training. I took a short walk around Singapore city centre yesterday night, made my through Queen Street, Bugis Street and along Middle Road. I made a couple of pit stop at Bugis Junction to search for something interesting to be purchased but nothing catches my fickle mind, went straight to Bugis Village for dinner. I'd dinner at Shu Ji - for some reason the exact spelling escapes my mind, stumbled into Shu Ji when I was roaming the street for Nasi Ayam Penyet - but looks like I would have to return to Malaysia to have it as the time is kind of short to look for another outlet today. What made me decided to have dinner at Shu Ji? One single fact - Halal was plastered across the entrance to the shop house, ordered Nasi Lemak which turned out quite pleasant and given that I'm still hungry I ordered a bowl of Laksa. Yeah - I know, I'm indulging in gluttony but still a bit bummed out due to the fact that I still can't find Nasi Ayam Penyet.

Earlier that day, I've made my way to Millenia Shopping centre through Millenia underpass to stop by at Candy Empire. Candy Empire is essentially a shop that sells all kind of sugary treats such as candy bar, choc bar, milk bar etc; you get the drift, don’t you? I bought some choc bar, Belgian choc and some waffles which happened to be Tim Tam’s. I've heard a lot about Tim Tam now it’s high time to taste it. On the journey back to hotel, decided to fix my cravings for Nasi Ayam Penyet that I’ve been having for quite some time. The best Nasi Ayam Penyet I’ve had was at Changi Village and that was about 2-3 years ago when I'm here in Singapore for the first time for the same reason I'm here today which is - training. It turns out that the Ayam Penyet House along Beach Road is closed for renovation, I was utterly disappointed. Well maybe next time then.

Don’t ask me about Nasi Ayam Penyet, still can’t explain my own obsession with it =)

I can't wait to get home, maybe will buy some Patchi chocolate for my wife if I manage to find an outlet that sells one along the way. My experience in Singapore so far has been great because of the training, I've learned quite a few things although most of the content can be treated as a refresher course but nonetheless to learn something new everyday is always a good thing - no matter how small.

Until then.


Regards,
MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment