Friday, June 12, 2009

Anyone up for Thai cuisine?

Yesterday we decided 'collectively' to have dinner at Chakri Palace KLCC, initially we were thinking of trying out House of Sudanese Food or Al-Marjan but since we actually had Lebanese/middle eastern cuisine just a couple of week ago at Tarbush/Al-Amar we are determined to stick with Thai cuisine. We skipped Sudanese cuisine as I felt it doesn't differs much from what we eat daily but maybe I was wrong in making that assumption

There are several interesting events that I wish to highlight here; we were greeted with the longest salutations/greetings ever. I think it was supposed to be Sawadikap instead of Sawadikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! Heck, I'm not even that sure about this but I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be that long. Every time a customer walks in to the premise, we will hear it and I couldn’t help but smile. Most of the staff will greet customers with a short version of Sawadikap but there’s one lady manning the front desk that will greet customers with the longest version of Sawadikap that I’ve ever heard of.

We ordered Steam Sea bass with clear lime, Chili and garlic sauce, 2 bowls of Chakri Sour and Spicy Lemongrass soup with King Prawn. As for drinks we ordered Longan Jelly and Tomato Juice. God! When they claim in the menu that it will be pure tomato juice, they were not kidding at all. The tomato juice tasted like it was squeezed from a newly open can of Kimball tomato soup or a can of sardine. I'm not joking when I say, it literally taste like drinking the tomato sauce straight from a can of sardine. I couldn't bear the over empowering taste of the juice, so I left it barely untouched. Overall the food quality with the exception of the tomato juice, was quite good, I particularly like the Sea bass it reminds me of the one that we ate at Serai restaurant at Section 3 Shah Alam. The bill comes about at 144 for 2 people, kind of pricey but it was well worth it.

More information of this place can be found at this location:

http://www.chakri.com.my/

Regards,

MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment