Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Challenges!

There's one question that kept playing back and forth at the back of my fragile state of mind, which one is harder to decide on? Wedding related material such as theme color, where to get if from, the design of clothes and wedding favors etc OR Home related material such normal grill or wrought iron, L shape sofa or 3+2+1 sofa, 6 or 8 seats dining table?

I for one feel that deciding on home equipments; furniture or interior design is tougher than selecting anything related to a wedding. I was very decisive when it comes to deciding theme color, which bridal boutique or wedding favors. Most of the decision related to wedding was made instantaneously without any hesitation, I believe this is largely due to the fact I'm not that particular when it boils down to fine granular details.

But the exact opposite happens when we start shopping around for furniture for our new home, I couldn’t entirely agree with my fiancée selection or preference when it comes to living room sofa, dining table and so forth. Fortunately our preference on master bedroom and kitchen is strikingly similar, it would not matter who gets to decide on how it looks like as the end result will most probably be the same. However, say for example dining table, my fiancée prefer to buy a fully wooden dining table with a modern contemporary design while I on the other hand prefer something that has tampered glass or marble surface on it to give it a very posh look. Same goes with living room, she prefers L shape sofa with very soft fabric while I prefer fully leather sofa. Luckily the color of our choice is the same; it’s just the matter of agreeing on the design and aesthetic of the furniture. We finally managed to find a dining table that have the best of both world, a solid wood with a very classy design covered with a very thick tampered glass to give it an ultra modern look and feel....but, there's always a but in our story - the dining table will set us back a whopping 5.2k. I know it’s not that expensive for most of the folks out there, but for me it sounded ridiculously impractical and silly to purchase a dining table for that price.  I might purchase it IF I went bonkers or insane and when I say insane I meant if I wake up the very next day and think I’m an onion but until that very day happens, I will gladly limit our dining table to somewhere around 3-3.5k.

I will try to compare the contrasting view of our choice of furniture in my next post with pictures for good measure.

Regards

MARK


0 comments:

Post a Comment