Thursday, June 4, 2009

My first annivessary

2nd of June was the first anniversary of me working at my current company and coincidentally my cats turn 1 year old as well on the same date. How do I celebrate both occasions although it was never an occasion to celebrate to begin with?

I celebrated my 1st year working at my current company by taking emergency leave and not going to work as I have to be at my hometown which is by the way at Jitra, Kedah. Several meetings were lined up for that day (2nd June) but unfortunately all of them are canceled as I can't make it to office. I managed to get my work related things in order before applying for emergency leave through email.

What exactly transpired? At around 8 p.m, when I was at home studying, my mum was contacted by my auntie who was at Jitra, informing us that my uncle is being warded because of difficulty to breathe, from just a normal case it escalated to be serious case of ruptured intestines which renders my uncle to become septic. At this point of time, my uncle was transferred to ICU at Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital Alor Star. I contacted my colleague to attend a meeting on my behalf before proceeding to pack up my things. We departed from home around 9.40 p.m soon after everything is in proper order and after everyone reached home from work.

Around 10.10 p.m my auntie texted my mum saying that his husband had succumbed to multiple organs failure while we're well underway to Jitra, I believe we're just around Tanjung Malim when mum received that message...

This uncle of mine who had passed away is one of my closest uncles; he is the one who suggested holding my wedding reception and solemnization at Jitra. He is the one that had his Baju Melayu made to match our theme color 2-3 months before the wedding or at least he was worried about whether he has matching Baju Melayu to attend our wedding reception. He was the one who never failed to ask about my wedding whenever I was back at Jitra, he was pretty much excited about the wedding. About a week before he met his maker, he told his wife that he might not be able to make it to my wedding, my auntie was surprised upon hearing that and retorted by asking why? His answer was short - “I think I have some other work to do on that day and will not be around". Imagine that, according to my auntie and nephew there was a lot of telltale signs that he might be leaving them but no one noticed that until he passed away.

Understandably my nephew was deeply upset of his sudden and tragic death because they were very close. My nephew told his mum that his dad never scolds him for anything as his dad was a very jovial and understanding person. May Allah bless his soul!

Al-Fatihah

In a totally unrelated matter, we will be 'deporting' our cats and kittens as the stench and antics of all of them are becoming unbearable. We will only keep 2 cats out of 7 as neither anyone of us have the time and energy to look after 7 cats. Hopefully they can manage to survive.

I applied for a new job today, after the company requested for my application. The position that I applied for was Consultant for CIM practice whatever the heck that means. Not really interested but I might accept if the offer is too good too resist.

Regards,

MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment