Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Empire Strikes Back

I'm using 1980's movie title as my title for today's post where it should have been The Conniving Thief Strikes Back; if you do not have a clue on what I'm talking about here, please refer to my previous post where I very 'briefly' describe about my colleagues behavior at office. While we're on a subject that's somewhat related to movies, I was never a Star Wars fans back then and now, I really hate it for what its worth. I do not comprehend what the big hoo-ha about Star Wars were, the acting was average, storyline was linear and the special effects were barely acceptable. Several movies made it real big at the box office quite recently that up until now I don't even bother to watch. Harry Potter series, Star Trek and Star Wars are among the very few that made it big but couldn't attract my attention enough to entice me to watch it. Hopefully movie studios won't produce Battlestar Gallactica the Movie anytime soon. There are two movies that are going to be released this year that I couldn’t wait for: Transformers 2 and Cobra, I will gladly skip the rest of the movies due to be released this year just to watch these two movies.

Moving on to the another subject, last Friday I received a call from a fellow consultant informing me that our MIS Engineer reported that one of our company spare notebook was stolen from Technical Department room. It could have been stolen earlier but nobody realized it sooner, naturally all of our eyes* read suspicions turns toward to Mr Conniving Thief as to the best of our knowledge he's the only guy in the office that was caught stealing and confesses to it. When our MIS engineer confronted Conniving Thief through the phone about this incident, the guy completely dismisses it and said he never took anything from Technical Department room.  On Monday morning after another round of interrogation from MIS engineer, Conniving Thief finally succumbed to the pressure and admitted he took the notebook but under the pretext of testing some application. He actually have the audacity to say that he forgotten to inform MIS engineer earlier because he has a lot of work to be completed. Out of disgust, I changed my YM status to read "First Credit Card, Next Hand phone and Now Notebook! Taiko, don't be so greedy" but here's the best part, when I walked past Conniving Thief cubicle, I noticed he was reading my YM status. Words couldn't describe his face reaction when he saw my YM status, serves him right.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't have any money than borrow from family or close friends, nothing justifies stealing from your colleagues unless you are really deprived of medicine or food.

My fiancĂ©e just started her own blog but without any intention to further update it past her first entry. I wish she will update it more often than me. 

I have applied for my marriage leave, I took 9 working days off. 6 out 9 days will be spend outside of Malaysia where I have limited mobile coverage but I'm still accessible via email for any urgent work related case. Hopefully nobody will contact me though as I wish to spend it with my wife =) 

Regards,

MARK


3 comments:

Juanny said...

Like the spend-time-with-wife part.Aww so sweet..Yr wife must be very lucky to have u! :P ahaks

nana said...

ahlon has a blog!!
ahlon didn't tell me!!gaaah~~~

you must be really sympathetic towards harry potter to put it on par with star wars, ekeke..

MARK said...

@Nana, to put it mildly - I simply hate Harry Potter =)

Post a Comment