Thursday, May 21, 2009

EMC BURA Training

What a tiring day physically and mentally! Today, I attended accreditation training at EMC office pertaining to their new 2009 BURA campaign covering products such as Legato Networker, EMC Disk Library and EMC Avamar. I was disappointed with the course content as it was exactly the same with the one that was provided by PSC-APJ, the course material could be easily downloaded off EMC partner website.  It was a huge letdown to attend this training as it offers nothing revolutionary in terms of ideas or products. In short the training fails to achieve its intended objectives.

I left the class around 2 p.m as I have to join another weekly status update meeting at the outskirts of KL. The meeting was straight to the point and short; several objectives were achieved and another milestone was set. There will a POC next week to demonstrate the capabilities of our proposed solution. Although it was short and concise, the meeting does have its light moments, we do share a couple of jokes and friendly banter just to dispel any negativity surrounding the project team.

I had dinner with my fiancée today at Saisaki, Wisma UOA. I ate everything they have to offer, OK! Not everything almost everything, up to the point that I can't even muster the strength to eat one spoonful of ice cream offered to me. As we didn't bring along our camera, there's no pictures to be shown. People might asks, why we didn’t snap pictures using our handphones. Believe me, when I say - it did cross my mind but considering the fact that I'm using Futsuu handphone with limited camera functionality and my fiancée is using an old school handphone, the plan never materialize. Yes peeps! We're that broke, we can't even afford 'proper' phone =)

I'm waiting for tomorrow to come with abated breath. Tomorrow will determine whether I will spend another year at my current company or this will just be short stint as always.

Oh! For the uninitiated BURA stands for Backup, Recovery and Archiving.

Regards,

MARK

0 comments:

Post a Comment