Friday, May 22, 2009

What a bummer!

I told one of my colleagues not to set his expectation too high for today inter department meeting, but it turns out to be the other way around,  I was the one who were disappointed with the announcement. A mere 250 increment is all that I get and even that is not approved by our group CEO yet. Sure 250 is quite acceptable considering current economic climate, but after almost every night and weekend slugging it out to finish up proposal, BQ and BOM, 250 is a rather petty figure. Everything is not lost as there are a couple of good news, I was appointed to be one of SMART members because of my technical prowess and I have demonstrated my capacity to the team as the storage expert (whatever that means), by the way SMART stands for Subject Matter Advisor and Response Team. I was deemed to be the storage expert for reason stated above in our company, while this might be debatable as I only have less than 4 years of working experience while all of the other SMART members can be considered as veterans in IT field. Go figure!

Another positive development that was announced is that there will be incentives for any project that is completed ahead of schedule. When they say early than the proposed schedule, what this actually meant is, it must be at least 10% earlier than the proposed timeline. Am I happy with what I heard of today meeting? Certainly not as I feel that our contribution to the company is significantly undervalued. My next course of action is to complete my training which is actually consisted of 25 very long and dry modules and to complete my certification track and attain EMC Backup and Recovery Technology Architect certification. After achieving this, I will update my CV and start sending out job applications with priority application to boot! =)

I had dinner with my mum and fiancĂ©e at Pavilion KL. Since my mum doesn’t feel like walking too far to go to The Ship, we decided to have dinner at Rain Noodle House. We ordered Deep fried Garoupa with Thai Chili Sauce and Tom Yam Seafood. Was it good? Well for the amount of money I paid, I could easily gotten my self tastier and certainly cheaper Thai delicacies at any self respecting Tom Yam stall. It wasn’t bad at all, do not misinterpret this and say Rain Noodle House is not worth your visit, it is slightly above average IMHO.

Bought 6 DVD's to watch over the weekend and I'm going to strive and complete at least 5-6 modules of Legato Training. I will update if there's anything interesting.

*I'm very much interested in politics but what is happening in Malaysian political scene is too perverted up to the point that I'm disgusted with the Machiavellian approach adopted by certain party.

Regards,

MARK 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment