Saturday, May 23, 2009

My lazy Saturday

I absolutely did not do anything much or productive today! =) spent most of my time watching DVDs, completed 5 out of 6 DVDs, going to watch the last of that DVDs later tonight.  I went to see our house today with my mum, she wanted to have a look but unfortunately the gate was locked. I guess this is part of Sunway precautionary measures to deter any would be thieves. I ended up just making my way around the housing area perimeter. I can't help but to feel proud of the house that we've bought whenever I take a look at it, sure it isn’t a 1.2M penthouse sitting atop of any hill but at least I can afford a house to call my home.

My fiancĂ©e is having her family gathering today, the gathering will discuss the finer details of our wedding ceremony and solemnization ceremony as far as how many people will be sitting at the bride and groom table, talk about protocol! How far we've come to reach this stage, I can still vividly recall attending JAIS/JAKIM mandatory marriage course around end of 2007. Back then it was still 18 months away from the wedding ceremony, fast forward to the future, now it’s just another 1 month to go. How time flies!

Within those 18 months, I switched jobs three times, from Unix Engineer responsible for taking call for any hardware or software related issues to Presales Engineer and now I'm a System Consultant responsible for designing an end-to-end storage and backup solution. Reminiscing the time when I was working as a Unix Engineer, I would wait for my then girlfriend at IOI Mall Puchong as she was working at Maxis TPM. I used to sit outside of IOI Mall Starbucks looking inside and wondering to myself, how on earth these guys can afford 12-15 bucks coffee? They must be freaking rich. Now fast forward to the present future, we visit Starbucks, Coffee Bean, Dome and San Fran every other week, as I'm a coffee addict and I have to get my cravings fixed =). Whenever I bought coffee from any of these outlets, I will sometime smile to myself and feel very grateful to Almighty Allah that gave me bountiful rewards.

* I have since stopped going to Starbucks, McD, Carl's Junior or any other American fast food joint. I will only buy American goods if it is the only product available in the market and there's no any other viable alternatives*

Regards,

MARK

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment